..Right to Safety
..Right to Inform
..Right to Choose
..Right to Heared
..Right to Seek Redressal
..Right to Education
..Right to Basic Needs
..Right to Health Environment
• To spread awareness on consumer rights
amongst all consumer segments especially among college students.
• To emerge as the best citizen consumer club at State Level
adjudged by the Commissioner of Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection
through the State Government to Government of India.
• To enable students understand fundamental
rights of a citizen and make them realize and learn the fundamental
duties of a good citizen.
• To inject knowledge and skills relating to consumer rights
among our college students and to impart knowledge on product
standards, product quality and about markets.
• To make them aware of laws enacted for protection / welfare
of consumers and enforcement authorities concerned
• To build a base of enlightened citizen customers as the
foundation of future India
• Bring awareness and realization about duties and responsibilities
as Citizens of India.
• Bring awareness and realization about
duties and responsibilities as Citizens of India.
• Spread awareness about the rights and responsibilities
of Citizens and Consumers as provided in the Constitution of India,
Consumer Protection Act and other Indian laws.
• To enable children, students and self help group together
as a team with local communities and develop in to caring, responsible
and honest citizens.
• Mobilize and instill right-consciousness, confidence to
question violations of citizen and consumer rights and fight for
• Impart knowledge about real life situations and to enable
to development of skills to handle citizen and consumer issues.
• Instill concern for environment around us as citizens
and consumers and sustainable consumption habits.
• Giving lectures on consumer’s rights.
• Arranging field visit and observing the formalities in
the trade centre.
• Celebrating world consumer day
District President Address
DISTRICT CONSUMER DISPUTES REDRESSAL FORUM,
345, Lakshmi Illam, First Floor,
Elambalur Road, Perambalur – 621212.
Contact No.: 04328-276700
Dr. D. KALAISELVAN M.Com., M.Phil.(Com.), M.Phil.(EDP.),
B.Ed., NET(Com.), PGDPM., Ph.D.,
Associate Professor, Department of Commerce,
Srinivasan College of Arts and Science,
Perambalur - 621212.
ANNUAL CALENDER FOR - 2012-2013
• First Thursday Inauguration and first
monthly meeting Addition of new members /election of office bearers
and discussion on Citizen Consumer Club resolutions /objectives
and duties of office bearers / members.
• First Thursday Monthly Meeting Responsible
citizen –Fundamental Duties August.
• First Thursday Monthly Meeting 6 Consumer Rights /Consumer
Protection Act and other Laws.
• 5thSeptemberTeachers Day.
• 8thSeptember World Literacy Day.
• First Thursday Monthly Meeting.
• First Thursday Monthly Meeting Field
visit – Good Citizen campaign.
• 14th October World Standards Day Quality / product standards
(FPO, ISI, AGMARK, Hallmark, Silk mark etc.).
• 16th October World Food Day Food Adulteration –
Lecture / Demonstration for all Students with test kit, food safety
• First Thursday Monthly Meeting District
Consumer Protection Council / District Consumer Forum / Other
district enforcement agencies and their functions.
• 14th November Children’s Day Market visit to be
organized in co-ordination with Consumer group.
• First Thursday Monthly Meeting Unfair
Trade Practices / Advertisements.
• 10th December Human Rights Day General Awareness on Human
• 23rd December Farmer’s Day General Awareness
on quality food products, quality of pesticides/seeds/fertilizers.
• 24th December National Consumer Day Awareness functions
in schools / villages.
• First Thursday Monthly Meeting Consumer
Protection in health services / medicine.
• 12th January National Youth Day Village level campaign
on standing in queues, public hygine and corruption prevention.
• 26th January Republic Day (Citizens Day) Take an Oath
on fundamental duties of Citizen.
• First Thursday Monthly Meeting Consumer
complaints and redresses / case laws.
• 28TH February National Science Day General Awareness on
Science and questioning attitude.
• First Thursday Monthly Meeting Sustainable
consumption responsible consumer and citizen.
• 15th March World Consumer Rights Day Function –
Citizen consumer Awards, Cultural events / a grand function inviting
local community to be organized.