About the Department
The department of physical education successfully started on 2005 with17 staffs and 14 students. Now it is acting with 1 physical director .Now this department developed with more facilities and more activities for the students.
The aim and goals of this department are
- To achieve the national level recognition in the academic year of 2012-13.
* To conduct the university-level inter-college match in our college during the academic year of 2012-13.
* To conduct minimum 2 camps for our students especially for kabaddi, volley-ball during the academic year of 2012-13.
* To conduct the special program for our students related to physical fitness training during the academic year of 2012-2013.
* To Development and the students for actively participate in common-wealth , Asia-level and Olympic level games.
* Each year we trained more than 1000 students from various sports activities with the successful manner.
Mr.T.Kalaiselvan, Head of the Department. He was qualified B.Sc., H.PEd., B.PEd. He is having 9 years experience in this field.
Our great facilities for the students to enrich their activity and
talents. The focusing facilities are swimming pool, gym, spacious
ground. Every year we train the students for all the games like
Football, Volleyball, Ballbatminton, Kho-kho, kabaddi, cricket,
chess, carom board, etc. We have the complete facility to
train the above games..
In 2008-09 our students won the second prize in javelin throw and the third prize in long jump from university- Level meet, and also our students actively participated in take-won-do bagged 3 gold medals,3 silver medals and 2 bronze medals.
In 2008-09, our department introduced the free service classes for both yoga and Take-won-do those who are willing. Our student Mr.Dinesh Kumar received a stipend amount from sports development authority of India.
In 2009-10, Our students participated in State-Level Teak-won -do and got a silver and gold medal respectively, in the same year our students participated and got a many more prizes in various events like kabaddi, High jump and long jump from district level meet held in Chennai.
2010-11,our students actively participated in Rally and Flag-Hosting ceremony of World Tamil Conference held at Coimbatore under the guidance of our Former Chief Minister.
In 2010-11, one of our students got a third prize in High-jump in University-Level and adding a feather to the cap our college conducted a kabaddi camp for our women’s students represented by University under the guidance of Mr.T.Kalaiselvan.
In 2011, our students were participated in chess and ball bat-miton from bharathidasan university, Trichy.
In 2011, our students were participated in a Trekking camp from Bharathidasan University, Trichy.
In 2010-11, our students were participated in district athletics meet and won the first and second prize. First prize in 4X100 relay and they also bagged the gold medal from both the university and state level.